Tuesday, October 13, 2009

What do you think?

**UPDATE #2: Thanks for your opinions guys! The picture I have up know is kinda growing on me - I think I'll leave it up for awhile and see if it suits me for the long haul. Karin, thanks for your offer of help! I may very well employ you sometime in the near future! :-)

**UPDATE: OK, here's another option that fits the title better. Does the word "family" on the pillow compete for too much attention? Is it just kind of a dumb picture in general? I'm terrible at making decisions - you guys have to help me on this! :-)

(original post)
I need your opinions. I kind of like the idea of having a picture as part of my blog title. The picture above is one I took at the apple orchard this year. What do you think? Does it make the blog title too difficult to read?

8 comments:

Ima said...

Try using a color to outline the lettering of The Weaving Loom, like yellow. You just have to try different combinations until you find one that works with the photo. Well-taken photo; very nice composition.

Elizabeth said...

Unfortunately, I can't change that kind of stuff about the lettering. It's pretty inhibitive - I can change size and basic color, but not placement of the words or anything. I'd love to have a picture that would go alont with the title of my blog, but...I s'pose it's kind of shumcky to just steal one off the internent to plunk up there! With all your sewing stuff, YOU could compose one for me!!! (hint, hint) :-)

the j-crew said...

Nice photo! I love old barns. Ironic since I didn't appreciate them when I lived by them.

The McCutcheons said...

If you make the font smaller...it might be easier to read. (Maybe, "Loom" wouldn'tbe hidden in the tree.)

I personally think the barn should have a little snow on it. Any thoughts...I am sure you have a few! :)

Ima said...

Oh, JM that would give it such a warm cozy feel. Snow in the trees, on the roofs, fire in the fireplace, hot chocolate and snuggling on the couch. Isn't Minnesota a grand place to live? Such variety!

The McCutcheons said...

Oh no! Dee (ie. Crabby) will not like what you just said, Ima! :) (giggle, giggle)

Elizabeth said...

Very funny you two!

Karin said...

Stink - I missed the barn one, but the current one is certainly nice. I don't think "family" competes...

p.s. yes, the title text options are so limited, but if you find yourself in this situation again, send me the photo, I'll slap some text on it (with yellow outlines or whatever else you'd like), and then you can use it as your header photo and pick the option of NOT also showing the title text...

another p.s. flickr has lots of photos that are specifically allowed to be used by other people, esp. if it's non-commercial. so in that case, you wouldn't be "stealing." I just can't remember the search option to pick to find that category...

and this is not to say i don't like hte title/photo now as is -- it's just me doing my thing of taking an easy question and making it as complex as I can in my reply. -wink-