

For those of you who don't have a 7-year-old son obsessed with Star Wars...that's Han Solo hanging on for dear life. Normally, I'm anal-retentive enough that I would have taken that toy down long ago (it's not where it's supposed to be, after all). But I can't do it. It just cracks me up too much to remove.
Yesterday, my son decided to make a little craft in his spare time. It's a clock...

Now, there's nothing all that funny about that clock unless you know a little family history. You'll notice that clock of his reads "7:00" and it's strategically placed next to the real clock in his room. Our children tend to be early risers, so we have a long-standing rule in our home: no one is allowed to come out of their rooms until 7:00 (for the sake of their parents' sanity). That clock he made...I think it's intended to be his "get out of jail free" card - "Look, Mom, the clock says 7:00!"
Apparantly, he finds himself pretty amusing too. This came home from school this week - it's a description he filled out about himself...

Notice the first thing on the list? Funny. It's true - this kid regularly has me spraying my beverages out of my mouth at the dinner table because of his antics and dry remarks.
The ironic thing is...he's very shy. He would rather melt into the wall than stand out in a crowd. Until he feels comfortable around someone, he's closed up tight as a clam. This child has somehow managed to wiggle his way out of every public speaking assignment at school for the last 3 years running. I don't know what he does to win over his teachers, but he's made up his mind and he ain't talkin'! His best little buddy is the same way. Both boys are hilariously funny, but very shy and quiet. I think that's maybe why they're drawn to each other. This morning, I opened my son's closet to put some stuff away, and I found his Sunday school name tag stuck right next to his buddy's Sunday school name tag on his closet shelf...right next to all his Star Wars ships. A shelf full of all his favorite things!
1 comment:
How often does he make papers like that?
Post a Comment