My youngest child is having a party of an entirely different kind. She is convinced that it's Christmas. She's been dancing a little jig all morning. When we made a trek to Walmart she asked in an all-too-chipper voice, "Mommy, are we going there to buy Christmas presents?!?" "No, we are not," I grouchily replied. I refuse to go to her party. (Jenny McCutcheon will be there, and I'm not sure we're on speaking terms right now.) ;-)
In protest of having to bid farewell to autumn before it's even had a chance to fully show its face, I am posting pictures of my favorite fall-ish things around my home. So there. And I will also sing you this little song (ahem...la la la la...):
I wish you a Happy Autumn
I wish you a Happy Autumn
I WISH you a Happy Autumn
And a winter that remembers its place!!!
(you have to sing that last part a little fast to fit it all in)








4 comments:
I'm with you Dee. I am sad too. All Ethan wants to do is go play in the snow -I for one would like it to all go away so I can see the beautiful leaves UNDER all the snow. Unfortunately the "realist" in me says - "I don't think that's going to happen". Bumber! Perhaps I should buy us both some apple cider - would that help?
Bert
Ah... the fall colors in Minnesota - glistening white, sparkling like diamonds!
Nice looking apples, by the way.
Abba
Look at you and your picture expertise! So pretty. I'm with you by the way, I HEART FALL!
J - my picture expertise??!? I can't say I've EVER been accused of that before! Thanks though - it was fun! :-)
Post a Comment