Today is a sad day. It was the changing of the buckets. The two buckets that tuck under our mudroom bench serve various purposes throughout the year. This morning, I removed all the flip-flops from one of the buckets (pee-yoo!!) and replaced them with hats, gloves and scarves. *Sigh* I guess I'll fix myself a nice warm chai latte, slide into my fuzzy slippers, slip under the blanket with my feverish oldest child, and watch a good movie. Could be worse! Happy cold day to you!!
7 comments:
That sounds cozy to me! I love turning on the fire for the first time. It's when I'm turning it on it April that it starts to drag me down.
Do you want me to come and help you get your Christmas lights and tree up??? :) You know I'd LOVE to!!!
Jenny-
No. Because I love fall, and if we just pitch straight into winter at this point, I'm going to be very crabby. I refuse to take down my fall leaves and pumpkins for a Christmas tree right now!!! :-)
Are you already crabby? :)
Wanna make somethin' of it? Huh? Just kidding! :-) I'm not crabby yet - just so long as the trees actually turn pretty colors before they drop all their leaves and we get a foot of snow!
Great bucket idea.
And go look out Mo's kitchen window for a VERY cool turning tree right now. Red at the tips, yellow underneath, with a green tree on one side of it and a blue shed on the other. So colorfully fall...
Oh, and I didn't see any snow on Friday after all! That's cause for celebration, ain't it?
Post a Comment