I know - given the gorgeous weather we're being blessed with, I have no right to complain. But when it comes to being a mom, spring isn't really my favorite season...



Round 2: after being cleaned up once, we now drag a neighbor friend into the fun!
Me: "We do NOT play in the mud! Do NOT do it again! Now hold still while I take a picture to show all my friends."
Ya just gotta love spring!!! :-)
4 comments:
Delilah - you were never allowed to play in the mud and since there was only 1 of you I rarely lost sight of where you were. I on the other hand can still remember the joy of creating in the cool, moist mud. The cakes and muffins and pancakes you could make! What a fun time to day dream in the spring sun :-)
You would have had a fit with my sister and I!
One night after a mud vball game had taken place in a near by park, my sister and a bunch of friends decided it would be a great idea to go play in the mud.
It was probably 11 after church on a Sunday night. We drove out to the park without thinking about any of this in advance... We just ran and jumped in the mud. Some of us shed a few layers of clothes... but the rest of us played in the mud in our clothes.
When we were done we went to rinse off, not realizing that there was nothing to rinse off where we were... and we had forgotten to bring other clothes or towels or anything.
So a few got in their cars and went to a lake about 15 minutes away to rinse off. But my sister and I went straight home to shower. My mom flipped when we walked in the door covered in mud!
It was too funny, I think I was finding mud in my hair and in my ears for a week afterward.
My sister and I have many stories like this.
I miss those days. I miss them for myself. I miss my children when they were that age. Still, I am happy. I think playing in the mud helps us build our immune systems. Delilah, its not to late to get yours going. Get out there with those kids!
Oh, and by the way, if you see a frog or a tood...catch it!
Post a Comment