Since we've had a slight turn in the weather this week, I haven't actually worn them yet - they've just been sitting in the closet. Tonight, my husband was standing in the closet, donning the proper apparel for an evening run, when I walked into the room. He pointed at the slippers on the floor, shook his head and said, "Honey...if this is the kind of thing you wear now, what on earth are you going to be wearing when you get to be an old lady?! Are you gonna join the red hat society or something?"
I must admit...it brings me more than a little bit of self-amused pride to have my husband shake his head at me with that look on his face. Some days it gives me such giggles just to keep him guessing!
So, here's to my fun (albeit a bit zany) new slippers and the future old lady I am yet to become! :-)
13 comments:
Sorry, but I gotta go with Samson on this one. Those be some real scary slippers.
Dad
Awesome slippers. And love the pretty toes too! : )
(Soph and I just painted ours blue yesterday.)
P.S. I'm impressed he even knows what the Red Hat Society is!!
Well...technically he referred to "the ladies who wear the purple and red stuff"...I inserted the proper terminology. :-)
The thing I'd worry about with those slippers and that you can't wear socks with them, and the fur might make your feet sweaty and mat it down. I like them on you, but I would be subjected by heckles and old lady comments from teenagers in my house, which my psyche wouldn't be able to handle.
I also wear slippers all year long. (even outside!) My white flip-flop slippers have been worn all Winter and are not so white anymore. (even though I have washed them MANY times!) Dee, I think that there are slippers that look like "grandma slippers" and those aren't them, Baby! Boring is a word to describe "grandma slippers".
Dear Delilah, The slippers are not the sign of old age approaching or even arriving. It is the car you drive. Whatever you do, don't buy a Buick of any sort until you are just about to go into the nursing home! This is, in fact, why most Buicks are low mileage and seem to last a long time. Buicks should not be driven by anyone younger than 75. If you own one now, which you may, either sell it right away or put a bag over your head when you are driving it.
Kristi - I hate socks under any circumstances, so I don't have that problem. I would rather have freezing cold feet than wear socks all the time.
Jenny - Thanks! I thought they were rather fun too - I think Samson's just an old stick in the mud! :-)
Bruce - I don't drive a Buick, I drive a Suburban...otherwise known as "God's gift to a family of 6"!! So, no one can really accuse me of driving an un-cool car! :-)
Actually, I think it's more like a plane (minus the wings). You are stuck inside with the screaming/crying kids and run out as soon as it comes to a complete stop!
sometimes I ditch while it's still rolling...
LOL!
I think they "Are You!". I love the wild and zaney (since I am fast approaching the Old Lady side of life). I say wear it while you can!!! He loves your wild side too!
Suburbans are definitely all right. I take great comfort knowing you are still young at heart even while being quite young. Wear those silly slippers all you want. Whew! I was worried.
Met with Abba Tuesday for lunch. We're gonna go fly fishing for trout this summer. Can not wait! We are even talking about riding the two motorcycles for the trip, fishing in Wisconsin near a stream that is located in such a place as we might be able to stop at your place for trout almondine and a good night's sleep. If we don't catch anything (likely) we would stop at a grocery store that sells fresh fish and lie to you, though explaining the packaging and price tags could be difficult. I was a big time cyclist in my youth, ya know...never a fly fisherman. I'll successfully ride hundreds of miles in terrible traffic, weather, dodge deer, pot holes, drunks, oil on the road and the like. Then...I'll drown in the trout stream after hooking a boot floating by:-)
Bruce - Fun! We'd love to have you guys! (even if you bring store-bought fish) :-)
Post a Comment