Friday, November 7, 2008

Things that make me smile

A good friend of mine posted a question on her blog the other day, "What things make you smile?" I thought it was a great question, and the more things I listed, the more I realized that I hardly knew where to stop! I thought it might be a fun list to include at the outset of our blog. The things that make me smile:

~My husband
~My husband's goofy jokes that only I think are funny
~My children's sweet faces
~Anyone laughing so hard that they snort, start crying, or wet themselves
~Staying up way too late playing games with friends
~Driving into my neighborhood and seeing my neighbors standing around chatting and kids everywhere
~Andy Griffith re-runs
~The Christmas season
~Seeing the holidazzle parade with our folks every year
~Taking a walk in the late afternoon on a sunny, crisp fall day
~Jumping in HUGE leaf piles with my kids at my parent's house every year
~Listening to my son crack himself up so badly that he can hardly breathe
~The fact that I can get lost pulling out of my own driveway (annoying...but it still cracks me up)
~A really good hair day
~Riding my motorcycle
~Eating a double-scoop, old-fashioned ice cream cone
~The smell of cinnamon and cloves
~Old farmhouses
~Old photographs
~Candlelight
~A great book
~My front bench
~The Minnesota North Shore
~The smell of campfire smoke
~The first snowfall
~The sight of any one of my many awesome friends

My life is so blessed. This list is only a drop in the bucket of the many, many things that make me smile!

No comments: