Thursday, July 2, 2009

All I really need to know...

Remember that cute little list we’ve all read that’s entitled, “All I really need to know, I learned in kindergarten”? Well, I think we need one for the Christian life: “All I really need to know, I learned in Sunday School.” It’s been said that most Christians are over educated – we are constantly striving to stuff more heady Bible knowledge into our minds, but we only implement about 2% of what we already know. Really, when you think about it, we learned all we really need to know way back in the 3-year-old Sunday School class – we just need to put it into practice. Things like:

-Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so
-Be careful little hands what you do
-This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine
-God is bigger and tougher than any Goliath
-If I don’t listen the first time, God may have to send a nasty storm to get my attention
-Even from the deepest, darkest, fishiest-smelling place, God still hears my prayers
-With God on my side, I can walk through the fiercest fire
-The right answer to just about any question is “Jesus”
-There’s at least one mean kid in every crowd…and Jesus died for him too
-No matter how big and pretty my dress twirls, some other girl’s dress will always twirl better
-The best teachers are the kindest ones
-My best friends are the ones who are there when I accidentally fall in the toilet
-It makes Jesus happy when I share my donut holes
-Never, under any circumstance, ingest church lemonade made from a powdered concentrate

Some days…I just really need to get back to the basics. Care to contribute any lessons to the list?

2 comments:

The McCutcheons said...

I cannot think of anything right now. Although, vacation does that to you. :) See you on Wednesday!

Karin said...

Along the lines of "jesus" being the right answer every time, I also like the subtitle of our book of bible stories for kids: Every Story Whispers His Name.