Monday, December 1, 2008

Security check

I have these random conversations with my kids (usually caused by one of them asking me an out-of-the-blue question) and I just can never predict how they're going to get pieced together in the minds of my children. For instance, they've all asked me what the TV screens on the ceiling are for when you first walk into a store. "So the store owners can make sure that no one is stealing anything," I've told them. They've also asked me numerous times if they can take this or that toy into a store with them when we go shopping. I've told them, "No, you can't do that because the people who work in the store don't know that it's yours, and someone might think that we're stealing it" (and bringing toys into the store is a major pain for Mommy anyway!) Apparently, these two separate conversations became linked in the mind of my 3 year old. She was wearing a toy necklace and bracelet when we walked into Walmart this morning together. When we walked in the door, she promptly took the bracelet off her wrist, held it high in the air to the security camera and said in a loud voice, "I'm bringing this in...OK?" At least she's honest! :-)

2 comments:

the j-crew said...

That's great! Only your kids!

Karin said...

Once again, so funny!

Saw your comment over on Kristy's about her blogging lapse and thought that was the pot calling the kettle black. Then realized I only THOUGHT I had added you to my Blog Reader. So that's been fixed now!

Love the new pictures in the sidebar. And enjoyed getting "caught up" -- love your writing, girl! Cracks me up!