Tuesday, February 17, 2009

The lady who works here

My two younger daughters are playing dress-up this afternoon. The older one is the 'Mom' and the younger one is the 'daughter.' I, meanwhile, am completely buried in a pile of ironing. Ugh. I hate ironing. If we ever get rich enough to afford the dry cleaners, that's gonna be the first chore to go. Anyway, as they were playing, the 'daughter' swiped all my hangers off the couch. "Honey," the 'mom' said, "put the hangers back on the couch so the lady who works here all the time can get them whenever she needs them." The 'daughter' obediently complied.

Yep. That'd be me. The lady who works here all the time.


5 comments:

Bruce Kratky said...

When the time comes for that additional domestic help, remember, "The number to call is 1-800-MERRYMAIDS". Actually, having someone else clean your toilets, scrub your floors, wash your windows, vacuum your carpeting, straighten towels, dust all of your furniture and woodwork, ain't all it's crack up to be. NOT! LOL

Karin said...

Too too TOO funny! I assume that went in the notebook?

And love the picture!

Anonymous said...

That is funny! Great story!

the j-crew said...

That is awesome! Did you ask when the lady is going to get paid? :)

Elizabeth said...

J - I thought of that, and then quickly caught myself. When I think about everything that I get in life for "free" without contributing to our family income...I don't think I wanna go there!!! :-)