This past weekend, we went to an RV show with both sets of our parents. Since we have a gorgeous camper that's only a year old, the purpose of attending this (boring!!!) show was completely lost on me. My husband, however, (bless his heart) just loves to "get his eyes full." So...we went.
Being in large, crowded places tends to make both grandmothers nervous that we're going to lose one of the kids. The camper show was no exception. As we were walking along, my mom suddenly whirled around and exclaimed, "Oh no! We've only got three kids!" (The fourth was neatly tucked behind her daddy.) "Nope," I replied with a smile, "we've got all four - don't worry." As she breathed a visible sigh of relief, I went on to tease her, "I have built in mom-radar that helps me sense if they get too far away." Without missing a beat, my son ran by with a grin and said, "Children on radar are further away than they appear!"
That's my funny boy! Man, I love him like crazy!
The picture below was one that I unintentionally captured this past summer. I was holding my camera down by my side while talking to the kids, and my finger accidentally hit the shutter. I clicked back with the intention of deleting it, only to realize that I had captured a wonderful, boyish image of my precious son, entirely by accident. And so goes the adventure of motherhood - all the best moments catch us completely by surprise.
1 comment:
A picture that only your son could love,no face involvement!
Post a Comment