#1. Children are astoundingly good-natured when no one is telling them what to do.
#2. So are adults.
#3. I need to sleep in more often.
#4. Nobody, but nobody, comes between me and a good book.
#5. I have an intoxicating passion toward cinnamon in any form.
#6. If you ignore the Polly Pockets, Legos, Star Wars guys, and fruit snack wrappers long enough, you start to fondly accept them into your reality as zany-patterned carpeting.
#7. Under no circumstances should you listen to your Dad when he insists (against your better judgment) that it’s a good idea to let your 90-pound dog loose inside his home.
#8. A 90-pound dog exerts a shocking amount of speed and energy upon spotting small, furry creatures just beyond the backyard window. (“Squirrel!”)
#9. Terra cotta pots do not withstand fast-moving, 90-pound missiles very well. (Sorry again, Mom.)
#10. I still don’t trust my navigation system as far as I can throw it. Even when it does, on occasion, deliver me safely to my intended destination.
#11. Nothing beats the breathless laughter of a 5-year-old who’s being tickled without mercy.
#12. Getting asked out on a date just never loses that fluttery feeling of excitement.
#13. Despite 48,647,235 attempts to the contrary, it appears to remain an inescapable law of nature that I cannot lose weight while eating whatever I want.
#14. Children + mud = happiness.
#15. Being dizzy goes hand-in-hand with being blond, even when that blond is as fake as a diamond in a pawn shop.
#16. I really like people who make me laugh.
#17. I really, really like people who make me laugh at myself.
#18. It’s totally worth it to occasionally ignore that little voice in your head that says, “I really should be doing something more productive right now.”
#19. There’s usually a reason that a book only costs $0.99 on Kindle.
#20. Life. Is. Good.
6 comments:
Great observations! I would love to read the next list as well: "Lessons Learned the Week after Spring Break." Stepping back into "real-time" can be challenging, whether or not you have a 90 pound missile in your house. :-)
#13 and #18 - I relate well :)
Is your puppy really 90 pounds? Oh my! Yes, I hope all you Roch people enjoyed YOUR break. I was very jealous all week long. :) I have to wait for Easter to get our break. Ugh! April will go by so slow.
I LOVE it! You make me laugh (ref. #16). I'm with you on #3, #4, #6 ... OK, so really most of them except the ones about a 90-pound dog! Miss you!!
I never like that terracotta pot anyway and Tucker is welcome to terrorize our squirrels and chew on our firewood any time he wants.
A little late to the party, but I love the list!
Regarding #5, just came across this fantastic-looking/sounding recipe for Mini Cinnamon rolls. Must try it soon! http://picky-palate.com/2011/04/18/itty-bitty-cinnamon-roll-bites/ Aren't they just too cute?!?
Post a Comment