Y'all, I've just discovered something truly delightful.
I really like salty popcorn. (That's not the discovery. Just stick with me here.) Now, I could just eat from my husband's bag of extra butter lovers, plenty-o'salt, microwave deliciousness. However, in the interest of looser waistbands, I typically choose to eat the boring low-fat version. But somehow, in the elimination of extraneous fat, they also managed to eliminate the salty.
B.O.R.I.N.G.
I've tried many times to add my own salt. But you know what happens - all I get is a pile of salt in the bottom of the bowl and still-boring popcorn. I could add melted butter to the popcorn to make the salt stick, but that seems sort of self-defeating.
Soooo...I got my creative groove on tonight and tried something new. I pulled my bag of styrofoam boringness out of the microwave and poured a little into my bowl. Then I grabbed my handy-dandy squirt bottle of water from the laundry room. (Don't mock me. I'm serious about my salt.) Just one or two squirts on the "mist" setting and that salt sticks like a dream!! And contrary to natural assumption, it does not make the popcorn taste soggy! Just pour, mist, salt, and repeat. Brilliant!!
So, that's my late-Wednesday-evening snacking tip for you. Free of charge. You're welcome.
3 comments:
Sorry! I was signed in as Mark. :)
I have used my sink sprayer before...that didn't work too well. I never thought about a spray bottle of water. Good idea.
Now, I just spray a little Pam Cooking Spray and it works well.
Jenny,
You're so sweet to make me not feel like a stark raving lunatic!! :-) PAM is a great idea - I hadn't thought of that! BTW, the image of the sink sprayer is cracking me up. :-)
Post a Comment