I have nothing to blog about. Well...I didn't really ever have anything to blog about, but somehow that never stopped me before! Honestly, since the weather has turned beautiful, I just haven't been able to bear sitting down in the basement and typing on the computer - too many nicer things to do! And after letting several weeks go by without blogging, this funny mental dialogue has started happening in my head...
Voice #1: I haven't blogged for quite awhile, so now people will actually notice when I update the blog and will naturally assume that something really interesting has happened. I'd sure hate to disappoint.
Voice #2: That's ridiculous! You're assuming that #1 - people read this thing, and #2 - they actually notice and/or care when you put something new out here!
Voice #1: Well...OK, but...people leave comments! That clearly means that people not only read this blog, but would obviously miss me when I take a hiatus! (right...?)
Voice #2: Um...no.
Voice #1: Well, regardless, I still feel that after being silent for this length of time, I really need to have something deeply moving, hilariously funny, or just plain monumentous to write about before I submit another entry.
Voice #2: Whatever.
Voice #3: Oh, will you both just BE QUIET!!!
Now, before you tell me that hearing voices in my head is a sure sign of insanity, please remember that I've already admitted to talking to myself on a regular basis. Insanity has already been clearly established.
The truth is, I have nothing of great interest to report. Life is going along just swimmingly, and I've been too busy enjoying it to blog! I just thought I should jump on here and leave an entry of some sort before my extended family members start calling to make sure I'm still alive!
Have a great week!
14 comments:
I've missed you, Girl! Yah--blogging can be quite a burden sometimes. I know I don't want to disappoint. But then I think--who am I worrying about disappointing? Not that many people read it anyway! And those who do, probably just like me, which is why they read it in the first place!
Aw, shucks. (*blush*) Thanks, Kristi! :-)
I check here everyday to see if you have written something!
Gee, thanks...NO PRESSURE!!! :-)
You're funny!
I check multiple times per day to see what my brilliant and only daughter has to say. A lack of entries for more than a few days and I begin to exhibit symptoms of depression and feel detached from my only child; life begins to lose all meaning and thoughts of suicide plague my thinking. When more than a week goes by without reading the Nobel Prize worthy musings of the family oracle I stop working, stop eating and cannot bring myself to get out of bed …no pressure, write when you get around to it.
Gee Dad, you must be dead by now!! :-) Based on your revelations, I have a sneaking suspicion that you may have a very rocky summer. But don't despair, things should pick up nicely by the time the snow flies again. :-)
I'd like to copy and paste this on my blog but truth be told there are things I want to blog about it's just in the mist of life happening I haven't gotten to it.... hoping this weekend will bring about some time. (PS: I keep telling myself that if Delilah hasn't updated than it's OK I haven't- isn't it comforting to know that your apart of the insanity in my head! LOL)
Ha!! Missy, I'm proud to be one of the voices! :-)
I seemed to have caught the same no blog disease! Never thought it was the weather! btw, I'm glad I'm not the only one who argues with myself in my head!
Too funny!! Glad you posted it! : )
Been on vacation. Just got back. I've noticed the lack of entries. I wasn't worried. Writers block only happens to the good ones.
As for Abba being dead...dah. One look at his face and you know that! First time I met him I thought I had met the "Ghost of Christmas Past." ;-{) That was 23 years ago! Saw him at church yesterday though and he was pretty annimated. I'm confused. Still thinking motorcycles and trout though...I am.
Sometimes, in my life, nothing is overly inspirational. I have feared in years gone by that I must be depressed during those periods. I have learned otherwise. They were simply times that the Lord provided for me to rest. Rest is a good thing. You moms need more rest than you get. So, Delilah, get your rest and be guilt free.
I think I meant Abba looked like the Ghost of Christmas Future...oh, I am too old to remember which one looked the worst. LOL
Post a Comment