This spring, my husband and I bought a camper. As a result of my up-bringing, my conscience cringes to call what we do now "camping." I feel much more honest calling it "camper-ing" or "RV-ing" or "hoteling-on-wheels." But regardless of what you call it, it's still a stinkin' good time! (And if you smelled the laundry I pull out of that camper at the end of a trip, you'd know why that's such an apt description!) We've been out camping more weekends than we've been home this summer. We just pull up the State Park map, pick one we haven't gone to yet, and off we go! I just told my husband the other day that this has been the best summer I've ever had in all my 34 years.
Besides spending quality time with the people I love, the thing I love the most about camping is the incredible beauty. You would not believe the beauty right under our noses that we miss for city life! This past weekend, we were at a State Park less than a mile off a major freeway. It was stunningly gorgeous. With my camera in hand, I felt like a little kid in a candy shop...



P.S. - For more beauty, make sure not to miss the meteor shower tonight! For the best viewing, look to the northeastern sky between midnight and dawn.
6 comments:
Absolutely beautiful pictures, baby girl!
If you keep taking pictures of this quality, I might have to concede that what I’ve read is true – it’s not the camera, it is all about the person behind the camera.
Of course then I would have to abandon my quest for the perfect camera. Naaa!
Dad
Thanks, Dad. I don't know though...that camera is pretty amazing! Although, I would give my right arm right now for a macro lens!!
Hint...Hint...Dad's are supposed to spoil their "baby girls"! Do I hear a macro lens coming your way???
Hey, are the photos of your little "chicks" this good? Yikes! Maybe, you should be giving lessons to the rest of us!
Jenny,
No - people are more difficult for me. They're unpredictable! :-) Besides, I've seen your pictures. You need lessons from me like you need a hole in the head! Thanks anyway though. :-)
Gorgeous pictures. What kind of camera do you have? Because when it comes to MY pictures, I always blame it on the camera.
Kristi,
It's a Sony HDR-XR520. It's actually a videocamera and still shot camera in one, but it has 12.0 mega pixel resolution, so I've found that it takes really good still shots for being a "combo" camera.
We decided to get it in the hopes that we would take more video footage - I would never pick up our old video camera because I always had the still shot camera in my hand, and who wants to carry both?! Now, I can easily switch back and forth between video and still shot on the same camera. (I sound like a commercial, don't I?) :-)
Anyway, I've been SUPER happy with it. It was a spendy investment, but I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat!
Post a Comment