Friday, February 12, 2010

Life

Where have I been?

Living.

I'm only going to make one excuse: this guy...





We got Tucker on New Year's Eve, and I haven't had time to do anything else since! As I frequently tell my husband, "I absolutely love him...except when I hate him." If you own a dog, you understand.

All the same, I was chided by my Dad the other day for not blogging, and he wanted to know if I was still working on my thankful list. Truth be told, I am. But it's all in my mind and in my prayers, and I haven't taken time to write any of it down. So, I thought I'd jot down a few lines of thanksgiving, while praying that my puppy isn't chewing on anything of significance. (yeah, right)

#169. Icy frost like blades on branches




#170. Winter birdsong
#171. Flawless blue sky

#172. Sitting, no coat, on the sunny deck in the middle of February

#173. Golden companion who blissfully ignores all my faults


#174. Looking at a new house and realizing how much I love the old one
#175. A friend's reflective words that sound like God's voice in my soul
#176. The eighth birthday of my precious son
#177. Windows full of peanut butter fingerprints and doggy tongue streaks, that give evidence to my wonderful life.
#178. A walk in the dark morning hours, silent but for the quiet jingle of dog tags
#179. A daughter sharing her faith without fear
#180. House bursting at the seams with 12 good friends and our 20 kids
#181. An invitation to share what I'm passionate about
#182. Pine cars, race track, excitement and bad popcorn
#183. Tears of disappointment that teach important life lessons
#184. Warm, furry muzzle asleep on my foot
#185. Daily manna
#186. A promised date with my Valentine
#187. Giggling kids that plan out the ultimate romantic date for their mom and dad: dinner at the Diamond Castle, dancing, and going to see the movie "Up"
My life is far from perfect. I, myself, am even farther from perfect. My kids aren't perfect, my husband's not perfect, my dog sure as heck ain't perfect, my house isn't perfect, my days aren't perfect...but even so, I have this overwhelming feeling that my life is really, really good. I have been blessed - much more than comes out on this blog, because I'm too busy living this blessed life to be able to record even half of it!

4 comments:

The McCutcheons said...

I am so glad that you are ALIVE! :) Welcome back from the dead!!!

Missy Eagen said...

You always make me smile...don't stay away so long! :)

the j-crew said...

Come on now, the pine derby popcorn isn't THAT bad! :) Glad to know you're surviving with the new "baby." Remember my puppy counseling door is always open!

Elizabeth said...

Jennifer, you would change your opinion about the popcorn if you were the "popper" for 45 minutes and smelled it ad nauseum!!!